Sunday, December 10, 2017

New Washer & Dryer = early Christmas gifts


This week has been full of many good things. Monday we went to Jacob's futsal game.  It was our Monday activity.  We also went to Panda on the way home from the game for "Panda Night"! Tuesday Dad and I went and bought Grandma and grandpas 1 year old washer and dryer because it was too big for them and ours has been limping along for a long time.  Our new washer is top loading with a HUGE tub!  I washed my comforter the first day we got it.  Grandma and grandpa bought a front loading washer.  Grandma is very happy with her new set.  She was struggling reaching the clothes way down at the bottom of the tub.  We had our cub scout Christmas party that night.  I made sugar cookies and we let them have a plop of frosting and sprinkles on their plates to decorate their own cookies.  We also played a few fun games.  The boys had so much fun.  Wednesday, we had our final parenting class.  Thursday, I helped in james class, cleaned and got some groceries and Christmas shopping done.  That night we had our Cubscout planning meeting for the coming year.  After the meeting Kristin, Adrian and I took Brenda and Dawn out for their birthdays for Peppermint Shakes at Chik fil A! I made one for me before we went! It was really good! Dawn was elected Mayor of South Jordan starting in January!  We have hardly even seen her lately.  Friday, I did some more Christmas Shopping and cleaning and then James had soccer. I visited Le Ann for her Birthday.  It was good to catch up with her.  We haven't talked for a long time.  Jacob had his 2nd range drive for drivers ed.  He said he followed the rules and kept his phone in the tower but most everybody else kept theirs.  All week long I have made chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies and ginger bread cookies.  I have tested a lot of them. That night, I went to francines for girls night.  It was fun, I haven't been for a few months.  Saturday, I woke up early and took Jacob and Brysen to Brighton for snowboarding.  It was Jacobs first time of the year.  We have a 5th grade passport for james but we need to get all of his equipment ready.  It is so weird here right now because there is hardly any snow up in the mountains and none down in the valley. Next I went and played the piano for Andy Scarbrough's baptism.  He is so cute.  When I got home from that, Tim Mckissick came and helped me unhook the trailer from the suburban and charge the battery because it wouldn't start and I needed it to pick up more boys from snowboarding and for james to go with me in the car.  I tried to start it when I went to take them in the morning, with no luck.  I kept trying all day in between things so I could have it ready to go.  We finally got it started and James and I were able to get a little bit of his shopping done for Christmas and some more things picked out for himself.  Then we drove up to get the boys.  On the way home they wanted to stop for taco bell so we did and they took forever so I finally got home about 6:30 and Dad got home at 7:30 and then James and Dad and I went to Dinner downtown and to see the lights.  Jacob didn't want to go.  By the time we got down there we ate dinner at 9 pm! We walked around through the mall really quick and then to the lights.  We were on temple square for a whole 3 minutes and james was tired and said "haven't we looked at all of the lights already?" He really wanted to go into a toy store but it was too late by the time we got back there.  He was not happy about that and so we decided it was time to call it a night.  This morning we woke up early and went to Lindsays homecoming.  Lindsay, Kaye and Macey sang a beautiful song.  It was amazing.  Lindsay gave an incredible report.  She is so sweet.  I sure love their family..  Taylor and Sequoia set a date to get married on February 24.  Today I made some homemade bread.   


















No comments:

Post a Comment