Sunday, January 7, 2018

Happy New Year & Jacob's Birthday

It was so fun to have Shanna and Christian and Charlotte sleep over last weekend for New Years eve.  They stayed Saturday and Sunday night.  They went home on Monday.  Tuesday, James and Jacob went back to school.  Wednesday, James had surgery to have his tonsils out.  He was a trooper.  He did really well.  His throat hurts really bad and over the last few days, he has had a lot of pain.  He does pretty well during the day but has a lot of pain during the night.  We have smoothies, jello, pudding, yogurt, applesauce, Gatorade, popsicles, ice cream, juice boxes. He has eaten a tiny amount of those things but not much.  It hurts for him to eat or drink so I have to constantly remind him to drink to hydrate his throat.  James and I have pretty much been watching all of the star wars movies on DVDs that we borrowed from the Myers.  I have had a lot of pain this week from falling.  We went ice skating about 10 days ago and my toe pick hit the ice and I fell hard and fast on my knee and my shoulder and both sides of my ribs.  It completely knocked the breath out of me and I just laid there for several minutes.  James and Dad and others were leaning over me to see if I was ok.  I finally got up and went and sat down for the rest of the time while Dad and James were ice skating.  I have gone to the chiropractor a few times this week.  Rib injuries are awful because It really affects my whole posture and my core hurts to do everything.  It will be fine but for now really annoying.  So we keep watching movies and I try to get what little work done that I can.  Tonight Grandma and Grandpa J and Christian, Shanna & Charlotte came over for a family birthday party for Jacob. He is turning 16 tomorrow! I cant even believe it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment