Sunday, April 22, 2018

Jacobs Family Party

This week was awesome to have Shanna, Christian and Charlotte staying at the LeBarons house while Brother and Sister Lebaron are in Italy.  Shanna took care of Charlotte and Ty and Jess.  Christian and Jenna were also there and helped when they could between school and work.  Dad and I were able to see Shanna and Charlotte Monday through Wednesday each day a few times and then i got to see them Thursday and Friday a few times.  They went home on Friday.  We had the Lebaron Boys over last sunday for dinner.  Wednesday, I made fried rice and potstickers and spring rolls and a bunch of other things and they all came and ate here.  It was a bit chaotic because that is quite a labor intensive dinner.  Shanna helped a lot! Jenna helped too!

Thursday, Shanna and Charlotte and I went shopping at the district for the first time in many years.  It was really nice.  We found a few shirts for Christian for graduation.  The goal was to try to find some clothes for Shanna but she found nothing.  We found a few things for me! A tan cardigan and floral shirt at downeast.  Next we met my mom and sister at Zao Asian Café (new in the district) for their birthday lunch.  It was really good and healthy.



Shanna came to our house a few times but other than that i would stop by and see them and snuggle baby Charlotte almost every time i drove past their house. Haha!





Dad and I finished painting our bedroom, bathroom and closet.  We took out the old yucky carpet and put in the new flooring.  Dad got the flooring done so fast.  I painted all of the base boards and we replaced some that were broken and got it all put back together.  Friday, both Jacob and james had soccer games.  I went to Jacobs game on Friday night and got a ride for james.  Saturday morning I played the piano for Emalie Miller and Chelsea Gray baptism.  In the afternoon,  I went to james game.  Dad's hockey team did a tournament and they did really well and he had a game yesterday too.  After that I came home and tried to hurry and clean the house and start making food for the family dinner tonight.  We had a Mexican feast.  It all turned out really good.  I also made strawberry short cake and coconut whip cream and pineapple upside down cake (gluten free for my sister).  It was all really yummy.  I ate too much.


 I had my hair up in a bun this morning while i was making food for the dinner and Jacob came in the kitchen and said "what's up with your hair mom"? He has a hard time with change.  I have had it in a bun before but not that high up! Haha! 

Exciting news! Nick Burrell received his mission call to the Philippines Cebu East mission!  Hunter Ramsey was called to a Peru mission.  Austin got to skype in to hear Hunter open his call.  I think it was a surprise to Hunter by the way he acted when Austin came on skype behind him.  He started crying.  Cute boys.  Also, another family moved in to our ward that has a missionary out already.  That makes 9 missionaries again for now.

Lindsay Wright is dating a really cute sweet guy named Adam.  I see a wedding really soon in their future!  He came to the family party tonight.

Charlotte rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time tonight at our house!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment