Sunday, June 10, 2018

Summer Fun



I didn't take any pictures this week.  I will do better next week. It was the boys first week home from school for the summer.  We just kind of relaxed and didn't have too much going on.  Usually the way that I write my weekly letter is by writing about each of the pictures.  That is way more exciting.  Wednesday, we had the most going on. I went and sat with my parents while waiting for my Dad to go into a colonoscopy and then I had a cub scout den meeting at my house.  We taught them about safety in swimming and they got to swim in the pool.   Jacob was thinking about not doing club comp soccer this year but then he decided to and he got on his same team.  We went to a team meeting. Next Jacob and I went out to the Wrights house for a farewell party for Yurim (their exchange student from Korea).  Did you meet her? She came right about the time that you went to the MTC.  Dad and James went to Dad's Hockey thing.  Thursday, James, Shanna, Charlotte and I went to Walmart and did some shopping.  We found some shorts and tshirts for James.  He had no clothes that fit him.  He was really happy to get some clothes.  Shanna did her grocery shopping.  I pushed Charlotte around the store.  We got a few groceries as well.  James decided to play flag football for the summer to try it out.  He had his first practice. He seems to like it.  He will have his first game next Saturday.  Friday, we had a 3 hour primary presidency meeting. With a new presidency we have a lot to figure out how we want to run primary.  Friday night I got to go to Francine Wrights house for girls night.  It was great to talk to Francine and the other ladies that were there.  Everyone has hard things they have to go through in life.  Jacob started working for Grandpa Jacobs on Friday for half a day.  He called him and asked him if he had any jobs he could do to earn money.   He drove himself down there.  He drives himself to soccer.  IT IS SO NICE! James and his friends were swimming every single day this week.  Saturday, I cleaned all day and we even had Zerorez come and clean the carpet in the big family room downstairs and the piano room upstairs.  It looks so good.  I love clean floors.  Today, I went to ward council (representing the primary presidency) and Dad went (ward mission leader) .  I really enjoyed ward council.  I conducted Primary for the first time today.  I started going back to ward choir a few weeks ago but I have been the only alto going and when we practiced a song last week to sing today in sacrament meeting, it sounded awful so I texted everyone that I could think of that sings alto in our ward.  We ended up with 4 altos and a few more sopranos.  It went a lot better than I thought it would.  Shanna, Christian & Charlotte came over for dinner tonight.  I love their company.  It is fun to have them close.  Shanna sent some pictures to me so I have some pics to include.
 Yurim - Happy 16th Birthday and farewell party.

No comments:

Post a Comment