Sunday, September 9, 2018

Labor Day Campout


Last Saturday we went to the funeral of dads friend Darren Hirsche. It was so weird to think about him being dead.  Dad did a great job of telling about Darren’s life.  After the funeral and graveside and talking to a lot of friends from high school and Darren’s family, we had lunch at the church and then we changed and drove to the campground.  



James rode up with the Lynn’s on Friday evening to the campground.  We went to Payson canyon again this year.  We got out there at about 4 pm.  It was such beautiful weather and we got our camp all set up. James had such a blast just running around with the other kids and enjoying the outdoors. They had a bunch of hammocks set up and just swung each other around in those most of the time we were there.  As usual we all took turns cooking for the group and then we were in charge of a few of our meals on our own! The Lynn’s and I made tacos/ taco salad! It turned out really well! We made s’mores bars in a pan and cut up watermelon as well! 


We had breakfast altogether Sunday morning and then we had mountain church.  We gave missionary reports and Kristin shared a spiritual message from the nEw era.  

Shanna, Christian and Charlotte came on Sunday afternoon.  Everybody went on a hike right when It was time for them to arrive and so I stayed back from the hike and watched for them. I was bummed that I didnt get to go on the hike. I was glad I waited for them though so they would know where we were.  I did walk around the campground where I could see them come in! 












Tuesday Dad and I went on a long bike ride from 11400 south on Jordan river trail all the way to thanksgiving point.  It was 26 miles total and it was a lot of really steep hills and valleys to get across that huge canyon.  The next day Dad picked up my clip shoes and pedals and hooked them on my bike.  I have been practicing clipping in and out of my pedals all week.  I am pretty scared to go with the clip pedals.  I will have to try to do it this week.  Next week is our scheduled 2 day bike trek.

Jacob had to go to the dermatologist to get the finger fixed so that it would heal properly.  It is doing a lot better.  He doesn't know I took this pic so you don't need to mention this pic to anyone.

Shanna and Charlotte and I went to Costco and then they came over and we sorted through Shannas storage area.  Charlotte was on a blanket with some toys and then little by little she scooted on her bum over to the door and she kind of just got stuck strattling the doorway.  It was pretty cute.





















Thursday I helped Grandma and Grandpa pack.  Saturday Dad had the day off so we got a friend for james and shanna, Christian and Charlotte came and we drove up to Starvation Reservoir for boating.  We had a little rain storm but other than that the weather was really nice.  We had some good water periodically.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment