Sunday, December 9, 2018

Happy Birthday Christian and Charlotte

 I asked Jacob for a picture of him with his beanie and long hair.  He would only do a selfie so I just poked my head in there.
 Charlotte helping me decorate for Christmas.  I found the perfect bow for this gift.

 I made the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on the lower plate.  I think they turned out really well. I really liked them anyway.We went to a neighbors Christmas Party for a cookie exchange.
 James and Charlotte hanging out on the couch.
 We finally decorated the Christmas tree on Wednesday night!  Jacob put an ornament on but no picture.  James finally helped me decorate and let me take a picture.
 I saw this lady in Smiths and I looked at her and recognized her.  I walked up to her and asked her name but it wasn't familiar.  I told her my name and she said she had a student with that last name.  Then that is when it clicked that this is Miss Smith (Elenas first grade teacher from Hillcrest Elementary).  She is married now and so that is why I didn't recognize her name.
 We went to Dad's Lam Christmas Party.  It was an ugly Christmas sweater contest.  Dad participated in the karaoke singing even though he was the only sober person singing. James helped me pick out the ugly sweaters.  Aren't they funny?


 James really likes decorating gingerbread houses each year.  He did this one all by himself.
 This morning dad and I went to Matt and Becky Nelsons ward for Tanner's homecoming from a mission in Brazil.  He seems to have had an amazing mission.  He said it is always 105 degrees in Brazil.  Tonight after church we had our Stanley celebration of Christian and Charlottes birthdays coming up this week.  I made a pot of chili and quesadillas, salad, chips and salsa and I made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  It turned out so good.  We all liked it.
 Grandma Jacobs gave Charlotte these cute little mittens and the furry kitten hat!  Charlotte was so funny crawling around with all of this on.  Her hands and feet were slippery with the tights and mittens.
 You can kind of see the cake here while Christian and Charlotte blow out the candles.
Charlotte helped me clean out the toy closet.  It wasn't too bad.  I threw away a lot more stuff even though we really have mostly games and a few toys now.  I wanted to have room for toys for Charlotte.  She did play with the cars and the little pet shop pets for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment