Sunday, August 26, 2018

Back to School

Monday morning Dad and I went on a bike ride.  We only got 19 miles in and then we both had flat tires because of those stickers on the Jordan river trail.  We had already used the one replacement we had with us.  We went to the closest trax by 7200 south and the freeway and rode all the way home.  Shanna, Christian and Charlotte came over for dinner on Monday night.  We had planned to go on our last boat trip for the summer before the boys started school on Tuesday but it turned out to be really stormy, so we just stayed home and had leftovers and that is all we did.  haha! Jacob had soccer and so we figured it would be the only way we could all see him for a few minutes.
 James started 6th grade.  They have it set up like middle school where they have all different classes and teachers for each class.  He is enjoying it and I think it makes him feel grown up.
 Jacob started his junior year.  He is growing so tall and he really wants to grow his hair out long.  I hope that if I leave him alone about it that he will grow out of this phase.  He had his first soccer game on Saturday for the season.  They lost to the rangers.  He is really playing well.  I really love watching him play soccer.

Wednesday Dad and I drove up to the exit by Layton indoor BMX track and Lagoon.  We rode our bikes 25 miles and then back to the car and hurried and drove back home for an appointment.  We stopped at a familiar soccer park by the freeway where we changed into normal clothes, filled our water bottles and ate our lunches.  There are 100 miles of trails from provo all the way up to north ogden area.  It is Jordan river trail for 49 miles, then Legacy trail for 14 miles and then 23 miles for Rio Grande trail.  Well the numbers aren't adding up to 100 so I must be off somewhere.

 Thursday, Kaye came and drove with me and we picked up Shanna and Charlotte and went and visited Grandma and Grandpa and helped them pack.
 I made some home made bread and while I was gone taking the boys to school on the first day of school, Buddy (the dog) got the loaf of bread off of the counter and chewed a big chunk out of it.  When I got back home and found it I cut off the part of the loaf that he chewed on and threw him and the chunk out the back door.  I cant leave him alone in the kitchen anymore.


 I love our garden so much.  The corn on the cob is from smiths.  The peaches and tomatoes are from the back yard.  That was my dinner the other night.  I love it so much! I love garden dinners.
Friday, I went over to take some things to Shanna before they left for bear lake and then I just hung out with Charlotte while Shanna got everything ready and packed.  It was a win win situation.  I distracted and entertained Charlotte.  I am loving every minute with them.

Stake conference was this weekend.  Last night was the adult session.  We had adults over for dessert after.  I cut up watermelon, made brownies and bought ice cream, (dairy and non dairy).  I cut up strawberries, bananas and mini chocolate chips.  It was so good and fun to have people over.  They had a youth meeting this morning at 8 am and james went to that.  Neither Jacob or James went to the main meeting of conference with us. Dad and I walked over to our building.  Since we are the garden park stake now, all of the meetings were at our building.  The speakers were amazing and my heart is full and my testimony is strengthened and I have a stronger desire to do better and be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment