Sunday, February 11, 2018

Presidents Cup in Mesquite





This has been a good week.  Richard and I have been sick still most of the week.  We didn't get to go visit Grandma Stanley, Grandma & grandpa Jacobs or Shanna & Charlotte because of that.  I just tried to get better.  We continued working on James room.  James and I left on Friday morning for Mesquite for the Presidents cup soccer Tournament.  When I woke James up I said "James time to wake up and get ready for school"  He kind of groggily moaned and then jumped up and screamed, "It is time to go to Mesquite".  He was so excited! We stopped by grandma and grandpa J's house on our way and checked out a few books on CD to listen to on our trip.  We stayed in the Best Western Hotel.  Friday evening was the first game and they won.  The 2nd game was Saturday morning and they tied.  They made it into the final game.  They won 2-0 in the final game over the Blue Knights and they had shut out all the other teams.  They played great and it was a great tournament.  James got a sweat shirt after the first game with "Champions" on it.  I was giving him a hard time and then they won so it was just positive thinking.  Everybody else went back and got champions put on their sweatshirts.  On our way back home this afternoon, we stopped by grandma Stanleys to visit her.  Dad met James and I there.  She is in the hospital again because she had some water retention and they needed to get that taken care of, then she will go back to Stonehenge I guess.  This week I got to do a few facetime calls with Shanna and Charlotte because I was sick and couldn't visit them.  It was fun.  Charlotte doesn't always look at the phone.  I did include a picture of Jacob when he was in my car once this week and happy with his Jimmy Johns sandwich.  He doesn't know I took the pic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment