Sunday, October 14, 2018

Harvest Time

 Shanna and Charlotte came over.  Charlotte stayed and hung out with me for a while so Shanna could get some school work done.
 We harvested the pumpkins and tomatoes and cleaned out the garden.
 Charlotte came over on Wednesday.  She rejected everything I put on her tray so the picture is to show how far and wide she threw everything off her tray.  One day this week, Shanna, Charlotte and Kaye went to see Grandma and Grandpa Jacobs at the same time I was there.  They are working hard on moving things in and getting things put away and throwing things away.  I have been trying to help a few days a week. I also was able to go to the temple with Mary Ann Myers so that was really good.
 Michelle asked for some simple food ideas.  I had this for lunch hummus quesadillas and salsa one day because I made hummus.  I LOVE hummus.  You could just mash some garbanzo beans in a bowl with a fork and add some salt, onion powder, garlic, paprika, cumin lemon juice (if available) or water to desired consistency.  If you have a blender that is even better.  You could also use a can of refried beans and add seasonings and make a quesadilla with refried beans or any other type of beans following the same procedure above.

 I made some pumpkin pancakes the other day and they were really good, I also made some regular pancakes and so the 2nd day I made some pumpkin caramel topping to put on the pancakes, it was really good, it was also good cold on graham crackers.  It only had a little pumpkin, pure maple syrup or sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, almond milk. I heated it on the stove.
This is one of my favorite plant based dinners.  Salad with garden tomatoes on one half of the plate with 3-2-1 dressing.  3 parts any type of vinegar, 2 parts any type of mustard, 1 part pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener.  I made mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes, bake or boil them until soft.  The gravy is cut up mushrooms, onions, soy sauce, 2 cups of water and 2 T corn starch or arrowroot powder for thickening. Add salt and pepper to taste.  


This is the cute idea we found to make for gifts for the primary children for Christmas.

 This is the pumpkin cake that I made today to take to Jacobs family dinner at Dave and Susans.  I think it turned out really good.  I added pecans on top.  I also made a curry sweet potato soup.  Do you want that recipe?
 Charlotte is staying with us for a few days while Christian and Shanna are out of town.


It was so cute that Ashley played with Charlotte the whole time we were at the family dinner today.  Hailey and Olivia also played with her.  Charlotte was so happy and loved the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment